Currently in a phase of expansion following its recent acquisition by a large multinational organisation, our client is a successful next generation medical device technology company. Due to recent breakthroughs and a burgeoning project portfolio, the organisation is looking to recruit a talented R&D Engineer.
Reporting to the R&D Director, the R&D Engineer will be responsible for:
- Developing, improving and extending the company's existing technology and intellectual property portfolio
- Creating drawings/specifications of prototypes, components and fixtures
- Developing and performing engineering studies for design V&V activities
- Writing technical procedures, protocols, specifications and reports
- Identifying and liaising with vendors to obtain engineering materials and equipment
- Committing to ongoing personal development and building on technical skill sets
To perform the duties of the R&D engineer, the following are required to be held by the individual:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant engineering or scientific discipline
- Previous relevant experience in Medical Device sector
- Ability to problem solve, troubleshoot and contribute to dynamic team as well as work autonomously
- Proficiency with IT systems such as MS Office and CAD programs eg. Solidworks
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to set and meet deadlines
To find out more about this opportunity apply online or call Aidan Toner directly for a confidential chat on +353 91 782110.