Solution Architect, Financial Service - Senior Manager
Our client is expanding their Consulting practice and building our Technology Consulting team. They are actively recruiting high achieving individuals with Solution Architecture expertise on technology-enabled transformation projects/programmes within Financial Services.
- As a solution architect you will be responsible for the translation of functional and non-functional requirements into a solution design, describing it through standardised design artefacts, ensuring alignment to the target architectures, principles, patterns and standards.
- Assist clients align project outcomes with their strategy by acting as an intermediary between business and technology stakeholders.
- Proactively identify any opportunities to leverage process redesign and technology to change how their service can be delivered.
- Collaborate with technical staff in solutions design and delivery, design integrated solutions where products interoperate with customer's systems.
- Work with product managers and product designers to shape the evolution of the product set, with a specific focus on integration and extension capabilities.
- Commit to producing high quality and robust architectures to develop software within agreed time estimates and to agreed quality while working at multiple layers in the technology stack (e.g. DB, Application, UI).
- Develops detailed technical architecture blueprints and designs for complex projects.
- Elaborate, assess and provide recommendations on solution options that align with the client's strategy and business objectives.
- Contribute to the planning of solution delivery through estimations, dependencies and risk management.
- Regularly update job knowledge by researching new technologies and software products, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations etc.
- Have strong solution design and architecture pedigree and experience (8 years or more).
- Broad exposure to multiple architecture domains.
- Experience working in the financial services industry.
- Experience in application development.
- Experience communicating at all levels from executive to team level. Strong verbal and written skills.
- Have ability to build and manage relationships across business and technology stakeholders.
- Stakeholder Management and working collaboratively with Development and Testing teams to deliver high quality solutions that meet client and user business needs.
- Have a strong academic record including a third level degree, preferably in IT or relevant field.
- Have experience operating in a fast paced, multi-vendor environment.
- Have knowledge and proven experience of working with IT Software Development Lifecycle. methodologies (SDLC) including Waterfall & Agile.
- Have experience in seeking the alignment of business and technology, operating across organisational and technology silos to drive common approaches.
- Experience in delivering business value from technology as well as communicating the value to senior business stakeholders.
- Proven ability to manage multiple activities and build/develop working relationships.
- Proven self-motivation to take initiative and master new tasks quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and approach work methodically with attention to detail.
- Appropriate architecture certifications, TOGAF.
To learn more, apply online or contact Ellen Walsh on 087- 3983226 or please submit an updated CV