My client, an Irish owned and operated utilities company based on the south side of Dublin are seeking a technology-oriented qualified accountant to join their finance team.
The systems accountant works as part of the finance team to support the production of streamlined reporting through various IT systems. Working closely with the IT team to support the duties and overall finance operations team.
Main Roles & Responsibilities:
- Main point of contact within Finance for system related issues and liaise with internal IT as appropriate.
- Lead and/or support system upgrades and implementations by:
- Supporting the development of business cases and project plans.
- Manage system testing and UAT.
- Documenting processes and procedures
- Providing training to end users as required.
- Ensure data consistency and integrity across interfacing systems to Finance to maintain accuracy of reporting.
- Contribute to, and lead where relevant, the integration of relevant non-financial systems to ensure data consistency and promote operational efficiencies.
- Design and develop reports to enhance stakeholder decision making.
- Prepare reports and analyses.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and enhancements to controls.
- Liaise with all relevant stakeholders, both within Finance and the wider business, to deliver key projects.
Desired Experience, Skills and Education:
- Qualified or PQ Accountant (ACA; ACCA; CIMA; CPA).
- Accounting experience required demonstrating the understanding of ledger accounts and posting of debits and credits; professional accounting qualification would be an advantage.
- 2+ years' experience working within a Finance department and frequent use of finance platforms.
- Experience implementing system upgrades and enhancements.
- Experience in successfully integrating finance systems with other in-house systems.
- Experience managing and working with third party service providers.
- Evidence of driving continuous improvements across processes and systems.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to interpret and present data clearly; comfort presenting output to relevant stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills and comfort manipulating large datasets.
- High level of computer literacy, including database and spreadsheet tools; proficient user of MS Excel.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work independently.
The ideal candidate will be results-driven, self-motivated and take the initiative in identifying relevant opportunities to improve operational efficiency and reporting.
Salary: up to €65,000 depending on experience.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Clair Schindler on 0862150442 for a confidential discussion.