Our client is one of the world's leading biopharmaceutical companies. Due to continued growth and success, they seek to hire an experienced QC BioAnalytical Sciences (BAM) Technical Specialist to be based at their state of the art manufacturing facility in Dublin. They pride themselves on promoting a culture of innovation and putting the need of the patient first.
The BAM Technical Specilaist will be responsible for leading, coordinating, facilitating, and undertaking activities pertaining to lab operations and compliance, without direct supervision, acting as a role model for other lab colleagues. The role undertakes providing technical expertise with a focus on method transfers, continuous improvement and implementing a lean culture and Right First Time (RFT). The role also represents the QC unit by liaising with internal and external customers.
Some of the BAM Technical Speciliast responsibilities include:
- Plan and perform multiple, complex routine/ non-routine methods and procedures and a large variety of assays.
- Responsible for providing technical guidance and applying expertise and critical thinking to independently resolve technical issues.
- Lead training of staff on technical aspects of job as required.
- Develop, revise, and implement procedures that comply with appropriate regulatory requirements.
- Co-ordinates & plans activities related to the successful method transfers and optimisation of Bioanalytical Methods into the site.
- Compliance with Standard Operating Procedures and Registered specifications.
Ideally this person will:
- Be an expert in a wide variety of analytical techniques including but not limited to Bioassays, Immunoassays, Cell Culture and Aseptic Technique. Experience with liquid-handling robots is also preferable.
- Have experience managing project groups and leading high performing teams and delivering results.
- Have a third level degree in Science, Engineering or related.
- 5-8 years QC lab or related industry experience - within the Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical or Medical Device's space.
- Have strong communication skills and an ability to influence key stakeholders.
- Have experience using software / tools for lab information management.
- Have experience with regulatory compliance in cGMP manufacturing and testing of products.
- Have eligibility to live and work in the EU.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Helena Boyle on (01) 6321870/0873360953 for a confidential discussion.