This leading global biologics organisation provides comprehensive integrated and customisable services to the biopharmaceutical and related industry sectors from contract development services to contract manufacturing services. Recently, this business has announced expansions into regions such as the U.S and Ireland, where a significant investment has been undertaken to build a new cell culture green-field manufacturing site. Once built, this manufacturing site will be the largest single use biologics manufacturing plant globally and will employ around 400 staff. This site has been designed to run continuous bio-processing, a next-generation manufacturing technology which will be implemented for the first time at this site. With this expansion, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an Utilities Engineer to join the organisation at the start-up phase in leading this business through construction and into manufacturing.
The Utilities Engineer will own, control and manage the site utilities throughout the facility to deliver compliant systems capable of safe and continuous supplies to all points and users without interruption or impact. In this role, you will ensure a contemporary design, a safe and compliant start up and when in sustaining, an effective utilities operation, controls and monitoring system. In this role you will:
- Act as SME for all site utilities systems
- Oversee the planning and scheduling of system calibrations and maintenance activities
- Conduct walk-downs/review of utility installations and attend factory/site acceptance tests as required
- Identify, build and implement utility system training across site
- Ensure that all Maintenance Technicians are adequately trained in the test methods and procedures
The Utilities Engineer will have a minimum of 7 years' experience within high volume manufacturing within Biologics/Pharma sectors. A BEng in Engineering or similar is required.
As the Utilities Engineer, you will also have demonstrated expertise within the following areas:
- Demonstrated capability within the Audit environment
- Ability to lead & motivate multi-skilled maintenance technicians
- In depth understanding of utilities equipment, mechanical, electrical & controls
- A proven track record of delivering continuous improvement and value across multiple process streams and customers
This is a permanent position and comes with an excellent package along with superb working conditions.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact James Colbert at HRM on +353 1 6321840 for a confidential discussion.