This leading global biologics organisation provides comprehensive integrated and customisable services to the biopharmaceutical and related industry sectors from contract development services to contract manufacturing services. Recently, this business has announced expansions into regions such as the U.S and Ireland, where significant investment has been undertaken to build a new cell culture green-field manufacturing site. Once built, this manufacturing site will be the largest single use biologics manufacturing plant globally and will employ around 400 staff. This site has been designed to run continuous bio-processing, a next-generation manufacturing technology which will be implemented for the first time at this site. With this expansion, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Vendor Package Equipment Automation Engineer to join the organisation at the start-up phase in leading this business through construction and into manufacturing.
As a member of the Operations AIS team, the individual will act as an Automation Engineer for VPE systems and will support complex and challenging initiatives, develop automation strategies and support new technology deployment.
In addition, you will:
- Act as SME for site vendor packaged automation equipment - PLC/SCADA platforms
- Ownership and administration of equipment control systems in a GMP regulated manufacturing setting
- Support new product introductions or new technology introductions by performing engineering assessments, implementing automation system configuration changes and supporting engineering runs
- System owner responsibilities such as change control, maintenance, backup/restore and disaster recovery and regulatory compliance
The VPE Engineer will have a minimum of 5 years' experience within high volume manufacturing within a highly regulated sector. A 3rd Level Technical qualification in Engineering is required.
As the VPE Automation Engineer, you will also have demonstrated expertise within the following areas:
- Excellent control systems automation background focused specifically in design, installation, programming, validation and lifecycle maintenance of automated equipment
- Experience in PLC programming and troubleshooting, SCADA Systems, Profibus networking and OSIsoft PI Data Historian - Siemens PLCs / SCADA and HMIs a strong advantage
- Knowledge of GAMP software development lifecycle, ANSI/ISA-S88 and S95 industry standards and 21 CFR Part 11
- Strong network architecture or engineering proficiencies including TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, Network IDS/IPS, Active Directory, Domain Integration and Firewalls
This is a permanent position and comes with an excellent package along with superb working conditions.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact James Colbert at HRM on +353 1 6321840 for a confidential discussion.