This leading global biologics organisation provides comprehensive integrated and customisable services to the biopharmaceutical and related industry sectors specifically focused on contract development and to contract manufacturing contracts. Over the last year, the organisation has expanded its' footprint across Europe and more recently into the US where they are constructing a new manufacturing facility. Their operation in Ireland is designed to run continuous bio-processing, a next-generation manufacturing technology which will be implemented for the first time, on this scale, at this facility. This new project is now offering an exciting opportunity for a Vendor Package Equipment Automation Engineer to join the newly established AIS team onsite
As a member of the Operations AIS team, the successful candidate will focus on VPE systems from an automation perspective. The role will be responsible for supporting complex and challenging operational initiatives, work to develop sustaining automation strategies and support new technology deployment across the site.
In addition, you will:
- Act as SME for site vendor packaged automation equipment - PLC/SCADA/Siemens platforms.
- Have ownership of the administration of equipment control systems in a GMP regulated manufacturing environment.
- Support new product introductions and new technology implementations by performing engineering assessments, completing automation system configuration changes and supporting engineering runs.
- Operate as system owner with overall responsibilities for change controls, maintenance, data backup and restore as well as disaster recovery plans and regulatory compliance.
The VPE Engineer will have:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience within high volume manufacturing at a highly regulated site.
- Qualified with a 3rd Level Technical qualification in Engineering.
You will also have demonstrated expertise within the following areas:
- Excellent control systems and automation background focused specifically in design, installation, programming, validation and lifecycle maintenance of automated equipment.
- Experience in PLC programming and troubleshooting, SCADA Systems, Profibus networking and OSIsoft PI Data Historian - Specifically Siemens PLCs / SCADA and HMI's.
- Knowledge of GAMP software development lifecycle, ANSI/ISA-S88 and S95 industry standards and 21 CFR Part 11.
- Strong network architecture or engineering proficiencies including TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, Network IDS/IPS, Active Directory, Domain Integration and Firewalls.
- Annual performance based bonus.
- Health insurance plan.
- Defined contribution pension scheme.
- 23 days annual leave.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Aisling Clements at HRM on +353 1 6321883 for a confidential discussion.