Our client is a very exciting start-up business based out of central Dublin who on a considerable growth path. Due to continued international expansion they are looking to hire a highly motivated candidate to join their expanding business. You will get unrivalled access and mentoring from a talent Financial Director and entrepreneurs with the potential to build a highly successful, challenging career in finance in an amazing culture where they believe in using the power of business to solve social and environmental issues.
The Assistant Financial Controller role, reporting in the Finance Director, will have a measurable impact on the long-term growth of the business while adding to the positive company culture. This is a highly progressive role with the intention of developing the successful candidate into the Financial Controller within 6 months.
They are looking for someone who is ambitious, detail orientated, committed to the positive company culture, and who can work with their own initiative to contribute in all aspects of the business.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Management and creation of monthly, quarterly and annual management, statutory and investor reporting
- Preparation of board reports for quarterly & annual meetings
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts and business plans and monitoring and review of same
- Preparing ad-hoc analysis and reporting as required
- Supervise and manage the finance team and function
- Monitor and maintain Tax Compliance
- Analysis and review of monthly KPIs across the Company
- Document business and accounting processes to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Continually challenge and review processes to ensure they are scalable for growth
- Review and approve and supplier pay runs
The role will provide significant exposure to the various groups within the company which shall allow the successful candidate to achieve significant personal career growth.
You will be a qualified Accountant or Finalist with a broad spectrum of experience across commercial environments. You will need to be adaptable and flexible with strong attention to detail and experience to supporting the business as it drives forward. In order to be considered you will:
- Be a fully Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or looking to complete the qualification this year with a broad level of experience in industry in a similar environment and looking for the next steps in your career towards being a Financial Controller
- Be technically strong with a significant level of experience in month end reporting and financial control
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Have experience, an understanding or an interest in working in a start-up environment
- Have advanced Excel skills and strong working knowledge of financial packages
- Have a solid understanding of what drives a robust control environment
- Fun, hardworking and outgoing and able to demonstrate interests outside of work
This position offers the opportunity to:
- Progress into a Financial Controller role in 6 months
- Work within an exciting start-up environment
- Work in a business that is a driver of environmental reform
In addition to:
- Generous salary and benefits package
- Full exposure to highly entrepreneurial leaders and their networks
- Potential to develop, build and to see the impact of your inputs
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Paul Lanigan at HRM on +353 1 632 1826 for a confidential discussion.