Our client is a highly prestigious and leading professional services firm with a considerable presence in Ireland and a broader international network. They advise and support the largest and most influential Irish and international companies and are regarded as one of the leading players in their market. The environment is professional and supportive with a huge emphasis on training and development.
This is a unique opportunity for a progressive and ambitious Assistant Project Manager and will be based in Dublin City Centre but also offers flexible and remote access during the current situation. They are looking for a highly organised, detail orientated candidate who is looking to develop their Project Management experience further.
Reporting into the Lead Project Manager and working closely with other senior stakeholders, this newly created position will join a growing and dynamic team in the support and delivery of a range of new and ongoing projects. This will involve assisting with the implementation and roll-out of project management practices and new technologies.
This Assistant Project Manager opportunity will offer the right candidate excellent training, development, and career progression in a blue-chip environment.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Managing, reviewing and co-ordinating multiple projects portfolios at the one time as part of the program of deliveries
- Ensuring adherence to the Project timelines and parameters throughout the project lifecycles as agreed at the initiation stage for each project
- Create, maintain and manage the project plans for all key components and dependencies of the projects
- Review and the scope and minimise any risk exposures across multiple projects - ensure up to date risk registers are maintained across the various projects
- Manage the engagement and communication with relevant stakeholders throughout the organisation
- Documenting and reporting on project plans, updated progress, current status, issues and actions to the relevant stakeholders
- Review the budget for projects ensuring any variances are reported and mitigated against
In order to be considered for this Assistant Project Manager opportunity, you will ideally have worked in a similar assistant project manager or project analyst role in a PMO team in a professional services environment supporting multiple project and stakeholders in the delivery of high impact projects.
Specific requirements for the successful candidate would include:
- The ability to manage multiple projects within a wider portfolio at any one time
- An in-depth knowledge of project lifecycle including the risk management, assumptions and dependencies management ensuring close & consistent governance of all projects
- Deep experience of project reporting and senior stakeholder management including the preparation of meeting packs, running meetings, and managing action plans
- Experience of managing project budgets and dealing with budget variances
- Strong attention to detail and able to demonstrate a highly organised approach to project management
- The ability to communicate effectively at all level, both technically and non-technically as required
- You will ideally hold a recognised project management certification (e.g. PRINCE2, PMP)
- An advanced level of excel is essential
What's on offer:
- Generous salary and benefits package
- Opportunity to work within the leading professional services firm in its sector in Ireland
- Chance to be a part of a dynamic and exciting project management team which is highly respected in the organisation
- Considerable opportunity for training, development and career progression
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Paul Lanigan at HRM on +353 1 632 1826 for a confidential discussion.