A leading global Biopharmaceutical company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. This organisation delivers quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products, genetic tests, biodevices and a range of services. Selling into over 100+ countries with with over 10,000 employees, this organisation is one of the largest healthcare organisations in its defined sector. Expanding heavily here in Ireland with the acquisition of a number of maufacturing sites, this business has invested heavily in its Biologics flagship manufacturing operation here in particualr and currently require a Director, Global Manufacturing Technology to head up a newly formed Dept for the organisation.
- Ensuring that the technical team are appropriately resourced to support the New Product's in development coming from R&D, whose main responsibility is to ensure scale-up of the processes and process robustness.
- Assigning team members to work side by side with R&D to transfer the appropriate products to the site.
- Take ownership of the performance of the manufacturing processes, including regular review of manufacturing data.
- Process monitoring to ensure manufacturing remains in control of the processes, including setting upper and lower control limits on the processes.
- Manage improvement processes for reducing scrap on site related to weak manufacturing processes or analytical process.
- Manage improvement process for improving MUV through process yield improvement projects.
- Support the site on PPV improvements, where technical studies/inputs are required.
- Support the site on product impact assessments or investigations, where required.
- Ensure team members have the skills to determine future needs of the site, based on current understanding of the processes in development.
- Manage the team and ensure that the team is committed to delivering for R&D and manufacturing.
- Develop a GMT team with the appropriate skills to perform their roles.
- Work with other team leaders on sharing of technical knowledge across the businesses supported by the team.
- Responsible for establishing team goals and objectives and holding team accountable for achieving the goals and objectives.
- Managing the GMT Site Budget to ensure that GMT spending is controlled to the budget targets.
- Manage the site administrative aspects of leading a functional group on site.
- Ensure team are in compliance with training requirements.
- Ensure team are working in a safe manner and in a safe environment.
- Identify new technologies which may be used in Quality Control Laboratories and Manufacturing
- BS degree in Biology/Microbiology, Bioscience Engineering, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or similar is required.
- 5+ years of leading a team of individual contributors, with a proven ability to ensure team are focused on execution.
- 10 - 20 years of industry experience, with a minimum of 5 years directly applicable job experience in biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
- In-depth technical knowledge of analytical testing, cell culture, purification, fermentation, aseptic large molecule manufacturing.
To learn more about this role apply online or contact Shane Browne on + 353 1 6321865 for a confidential discussion.