Our client is a blue-chip pharmaceutical organisation who are a market leader in the discovery, development and commercialisation of innovative medicines supporting patients living with life-threatening diseases globally. They are now seeking an experienced Director to take responsibility for the strategy, planning, oversight, and delivery of Site Contracts and function across the clinical drug development cycle.
This critical Director (Site Contracts) hire, will require an executive with deep expertise in global program design, people management and development, direct vendor oversight the management of Functional Service Providers involved in the contracting process, and project management skills in the biotech or pharmaceutical industries.
The director will be responsible for the following:
- Leads a functional team within Development Business Operations department.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of multiple areas in complex clinical contracts and finance processes.
- Demonstrates understanding of regulatory and legal issues pertinent to clinical development (Contracts).
- Develops strategy for and provides oversight of activities necessary for the development and execution of site contracts.
- Focuses on site contracting, fair market value (FMV) compliance of site contracts, and financial accountability as it relates to FSP management.
- Leads the escalations related to the site contracting and budget negotiations in terms of risk management, leading issue resolution at the operational and senior executive levels.
- Manages contract activities for multiple clinical development programs, ensuring that there is adequate staff with the skills to complete contracts accurately, consistently, and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates understanding of regulatory and legal issues pertinent to clinical development (Contracts)
- Demonstrates understanding of the regulatory implications of contracts as related to clinical research - Good Clinical Practices (GCPs).
- Develops a portfolio of Key Performance Indicators, and subsequently uses these to drive performance goals and improvements.
- Translates the usage of industry best practices to the overall program, utilizing external sources such as benchmarking, data, and processes to continually drive improvements linked to an overall strategy.
- Develops, communicates, and executes a multi-year program strategy and vision in order to drive operational excellence, inclusive of year-over-year ROI delivery to the organisation.
- Leads the functional evaluation of new business processes or process improvement opportunities.
- Establishes relationships with cross functional teams, such as operations, finance, quality, systems and process, as well as externally with the corresponding vendor functions.
- Leads a team of site contracts professionals globally, and develops others by identifying and mentoring high performers through a culture of inclusion and collaboration.
- Managing multiple direct reports in a global and virtual environment.
To be considered for this Director (Site Contracts) opportunity, you will have a strong foundation in operations, site contract lifecycle including payments, pricing (FMV) and project management with the ability to resolve complex issues associated with domestic and international site contracts with support from the Clinical Legal department is critical for success in this role. Ideally, you will have demonstrated success in working in a matrix environment and collaboratively with senior stakeholders
In order to be considered you will have:
- Ideally an MBA, but at a minimum, a degree in a related field, and a depth of experience with all aspects of site contracts and budgets oversight of contract development, selection, to performance management (i.e. - portfolio oversight), and continuous improvement of the vendor base (FSP), both individually as well as at a programmatic level.
- Previously served as a key leader to support organisational decision making or strategic planning in a data driven manner.
- Relevant experience of contract language and budget negotiation, and application of project management principles.
- Experience with implementing a contract management system.
- Ideally, you will have deep project management experience and hold a relevant certification (PMP or CPSM).
- Familiarity with various Regulatory and industry trends on compliance level activity and experience with interfacing with internal regulatory compliance and quality functions to drive site contracts and budget.
- Demonstrated leadership skills while working in fast paced and changing environment.
What's on offer:
- Generous salary and benefits package.
- Opportunity to work within the leading brand in its sector globally.
- Full exposure to highly successful and passionate senior leadership.
- Security of role in a business with strong sustainability.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Paul Lanigan at HRM on +353 1 632 1826 for a confidential discussion.