Our client is a truly global business operating across over 40 countries and with recent performance this has positioned them as a genuine market leader in the health sector. They are highly focussed and with substantial recent substantial multi-million Euro investment will continue to lead into the future. Due to internal promotion they are now seeking an effective Finance Director to drive and support the development and execution of site plans through robust financial strategy, insight and control on a permanent basis. The successful Financial Director will be sitting on the senior leadership team and will play an integral role in driving the site performance and will offer the successful candidate substantial personal development and the unrivalled opportunity to make an impact.
This critical Financial Director position will require someone who is passionate about what they, is a strong influencer and who understands the positive impact of effective financial partnering, robust reporting, high quality Business Analysis and strong Financial Control over business performance. The person, reporting to the Global VP Finance and working closely with the Site Lead and senior leadership team will be responsible for a number of key areas including:
- Working as an effective leader to support the development and execution of site plans by providing financial insights on business performance
- Developing a partnership with the Site Leadership team to become a trusted advisor, supporting & challenging where appropriate
- Developing systems and processes to ensure decisions are derived from robust data driven analysis
- Driving & supporting continuous improvement projects and enterprise excellence initiatives to ensure the long-term growth of the site
- Managing the annual budgeting and forecasting activity, including presentation to Global Operations leadership team
- Managing capital plan and supporting project appraisals based on acceptable criteria - NPV, IRR, payback, risk profile
- Adapting finance processes as required to ensure financial reporting obligations are delivered
- Working as part of the Global Operations Finance team, working closely with other team members on various projects
- Ensuring compliance with Corporate Finance Policies, U.S. GAAP and SOX requirements
In order to be considered for Financial Director opportunity, you will be a qualified accountant with at least 8-10 years of commercial, strategic and operational experience from within multinational manufacturing business ideally in the health sector. You will need to be adaptable and flexible with strong analytical approach and the ability to demonstrate effective influencing and emotional intelligence to drive the business forward. In order to be considered you will have:
- The ability to take responsibility for site finance and support the overall strategic, commercial and operational direction of the site
- The ability to influence in a respectful way, challenging where necessary, always keeping overall business objectives in mind
- The technical experience to manage the annual budgeting and forecasting activity, including presentation to Global Operations leadership team in line with US GAAP and SOX requirements.
- A strong working knowledge of Lean methodology and best practice ideally from within a manufacturing environment
- The ability to maintain a culture of compliance and robust financial control ensuring processes are effective and continuously improved
- An effective people manager supporting the growth and development of the Finance team
- Experience in financial system integrations, ideally with SAP and/or other mainstream ERPs
- Manufacturing site experience and experience on the key drivers of performance within this environment
- Experience managing capital spend and other strategic projects and initiatives that require deep stakeholder management and cross functional awareness
- Generous salary and benefits package.
- Opportunity to work within the leading brand in its sector globally
- Full exposure to highly successful and passionate senior leadership
- Potential to develop, build and take ownership of the business performance
- Continued personal development and excellent career development
- Opportunity to have a real strategic impact
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Paul Lanigan at HRM on +353 1 632 1826 for a confidential discussion.