Our client is a global player in a network operating across over 70 countries and through recent delivery and performance they have secured next generation product lines ensuring their long-term sustainability in the health sector in Ireland. They are now seeking an effective Finance Director to drive and support the development and execution of site plans through robust financial strategy, insight and control on a permanent basis. The successful Financial Director will be sitting on the senior leadership team and will play an integral role in driving the site performance as well as contributing to strategic global projects in the broader international group.
This critical Financial Director position will require someone who is passionate about what they do, is a strong influencer and who understands the positive impact of effective strategic financial partnering, robust reporting, high quality Business Analysis and strong Financial Control over business performance. The person, reporting to the Global VP Finance, Supply Chain and Manufacturing and working closely with the Site General Manager and the senior leadership team will be responsible for a number of key areas including:
- Managing a group of finance professionals to provide financial direction, reporting, and control to the plant and legal entity to ensure attainment of cost objectives within the guidelines of corporate policies, procedures, and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Provide analytical, forecasting, budgeting, business partnering and financial guidance and support to all functions at the site.
- Directs and/or prepares all financial statements, reports, and analysis for the site.
- Direct and/or prepares all statutory and corporate financial statements, reports and analysis for the site. Liaise with external and internal auditors, tax and legal advisors, providing all necessary information and process support.
- Directs and participates in the annual plant budgeting, forecasting, and financial planning processes, ensuring compliance to timetables and procedures.
- Directs the development of accurate product costing and variance reporting, implementing improvements to reporting and systems as required.
- Participate as an integral part of the plant management team, providing financial analysis, evaluations, decision making insights and interpretations on all aspects of manufacturing operations. Initiates meetings with manufacturing management to drive financial performance, resolve cost problems and recommends cost management concepts, methods, and procedures to facilitate operational controls.
- Establishes and maintains effective internal control procedures and systems, including compliance monitoring in accordance with corporate policies and GAAP. Review and control of plant capital asset requests and preparation/validation of associated financial analysis. Responsible for management and results of local annual audit.
- To be the finance lead on strategic projects such as new product development, capital investments, continuous improvement and other site initiatives as required.
- EHS - To comply with and support the Health, Safety and Environment statements, policies and procedures.
In order to be considered for Financial Director opportunity, you will be a qualified accountant with at least 8-10 years of commercial, strategic and operational experience from within multinational manufacturing business ideally in the health sector. You will need to be adaptable and flexible with strong analytical approach and the ability to demonstrate effective influencing and emotional intelligence to drive the business forward. In order to be considered you will have:
- The ability to take responsibility for site finance and support the overall strategic, commercial and operational direction of the site.
- The ability to influence in a respectful way, challenging where necessary, always keeping overall business objectives in mind.
- The technical experience to manage the annual budgeting and forecasting activity, including presentation to Global Operations leadership team in line with US GAAP and SOX requirements.
- The ability to maintain a culture of compliance and robust financial control ensuring processes are effective and continuously improved.
- An effective people manager supporting the growth and development of the Finance team.
- Experience in financial system integrations, ideally with SAP and/or other mainstream ERPs.
- Manufacturing site experience and experience on the key drivers of performance within this environment (product costing techniques and inventory accounting/management).
- Experience managing capital spend and other strategic projects and initiatives that require deep stakeholder management and cross functional awareness.
- Deep understanding of legal entity board structure, procedures and corporate governance practices.
What's on offer:
- Generous salary and benefits package.
- Opportunity to work within the leading brand in its sector globally.
- Full exposure to highly successful and passionate senior leadership.
- Potential to develop, build and take ownership of the business performance.
- Security of role in a business with an excellent product pipeline.
- Opportunity to have a real strategic impact.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Paul Lanigan at HRM on +353 1 632 1826 for a confidential discussion.