Our client, one of Ireland's premier corporate law firms, is seeking to hire a Fund Lawyer to support their highly progressive Investment team. The robust funds team of this top tier firm has dominated the investment funds industry in Ireland for a number of years; the team advises on a considerable market share of Irish domiciled funds. With increased work levels they are currently seeking a talented junior to mid-level associate to join their team.
The successful applicant for the Funds Lawyer opportunity will advise high profile institutional clients on a broad range UCITs, alternative investment fund products, AIFMD requirements and ICAVs as well as providing strategic advice on regulations and new product structures.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Representing asset managers in the formation of UCITS and QIAIFs, including drafting the key fund documentation such as prospectuses, supplements, instruments of Incorporation etc.
- Drafting and negotiating material fund contracts such as management agreements, distribution agreements, investment management agreements, administration and depositary agreements.
- Applying to the Central Bank and obtaining authorisation for asset managers to act as discretionary investment managers to UCITS and QIAIFs.
- Advising asset managers in relation to their ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements, responsibilities include assisting clients in the updating of fund documentation, advising clients of regulatory developments and maintaining compliance procedures for UCITS and QIAIFs.
- Discussing new funds with both start-up and experienced managers.
- Applying for the registration of UCITS and QIAIFs with foreign regulatory authorities.
- Advising clients on the application of fund regulations to their business, including, where relevant, registering firms with the Central Bank as a Registered AIFM.
- Reviewing fund documentation for institutional investors and preparing diligence reports.
To be considered for this progressive Fund Lawyer position, you will be a qualified solicitor with relevant post-qualification experience from a well-regarded firm and a demonstrable partnership approach to client delivery. You will also be passionate about your career development and be able to influence and thrive in a blue-chip multinational environment.
In addition to the above candidates should:
- Be qualified as a Solicitor in Ireland or England and Wales with between 1 and 5 years' PQE in funds gained with a Big 6, mid-tier tier or international firm in Dublin or with a City of London firm.
- Have a keen interest in working on a small number of mandates that don't fit a traditional private funds role including joint venture agreements and occasionally advice on M&A transactions in the funds space.
- Be technically strong, along with the ability to build relationships with clients and colleagues and work well in a team.
- Have an analytical and problem-solving approach to work challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What's on offer:
- Above market salary and benefits package.
- Opportunity to work within a leading investment department in a top tier firm.
- Full exposure to highly successful and passionate senior partners.
- Security of role in a business with strong sustainability.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Paul Lanigan at HRM on +353 1 632 1826 for a confidential discussion.