A unique opportunity has arisen to join a leading global speciality pharmaceutical company that focusses on acquiring prescription medicines across a broad range of therapeutic areas in international markets and optimising these established medicines. Headquartered here in Ireland, this organisation is currently undergoing significant expansion and therefore a new requirement in the organisation has arisen for a Global Head of Technical Operations/Operations which will offer the successful candidate the ability to lead all Technical & Operational associated activities for the business globally.
- Management of CMOs and Technical Transfers relating to existing product and acquisition product.
- Planning, organising and supporting global drug product and API quality.
- Directing activities pertaining to ensuring GMP and GDP compliance is adhered to, including the development, implementation, maintenance and performance of quality assurance systems and programs.
- Providing Due Diligence expertise to support the organisation's product lifecycle management and acquisition strategy.
- Enhancing productivity by exploring, analysing, facilitating and leveraging efficiency initiatives for manufacturing processes in close collaboration with CMOs.
- Demand and Supply Planning including overseeing the monthly forecasting and order planning process to ensure accurate inventory quantities to avoid stock out and excess inventory.
- Holding ultimate responsibility for all logistics, both upstream and downstream.
- Leading and managing external supply, from strategy through to the execution of all procurement processes, including administering overall spend, identifying cost savings/ efficiencies, and developing and maintaining strategic vendor partnerships.
- Ensuring effective supplier management, from the procurement of raw materials right through to the manufacturing of product with third-party manufacturers.
- Negotiating and executing vendor agreements with contract manufacturers and service providers.
- Technical Operations and Supply Chain Management including over 15 years' of strategic and hands-on leadership of Manufacturing Technical Operations and Supply Chain Management.
- CMO Exposure including a track record in steering contract manufacturing relationships in support of business and operational strategies, as well as product life -cycle management.
- International/Global Leadership including experience managing multi-site CMO's, regional and/or global operations in small, mid or large-scale organizations in addition to all technical operations relating to CMO activity.
- Post-Integration Management and experience in post-integration of pharmaceutical operations and/or products directly or indirectly.
To learn more about this role apply online or contact Shane Browne on + 353 1 6321865 for a confidential discussion.