This pharmaceutical innovator is a privately owned global pharmaceutical company with operations in over twenty fully-owned affiliated companies around the world. This growing organisation is a world leader in novel therapies for gynecology and andrology and through its development of its transdermal gels portfolio, has developed several natural hormone-based therapies over the years. The organisation's products are trusted and prescribed by healthcare professionals in over 100 countries around the world.
The International Medical Director (global) will work closely with and report to the CMO supporting on issues of medical, scientific and ethical nature. In this role you will enable informed and sound decisions relating to medical, clinical, business development and medico-regulatory activities. In addition you will:
- Manage and provide strategic direction acting as the Medical Affairs function at a regional and global level.
- Create and implement medical functional strategies that are integral to an aligned strategic vision and creating maximum opportunity in regions and at an overarching global level.
- Support the CMO by providing medical and scientific expertise to drive optimal strategic medical strategic direction, including clinical development planning, business development clinical assessment, relationship management with leading research physicians, critical evaluation of current literature, and in other domains where medical and scientific expertise is required, data generation projects, medico-regulatory life cycle management, KOL mapping and management and building internal medical affairs connectivity and expertise.
- Be responsible for management of investigatory initiated studies across a board and diverse portfolio and for management of the scientific publications and communications strategy and planning.
- Medically-qualified with license to practice medicine.
- Previous clinical practice experience in a relevant therapy area.
- Previous corporate/industry experience (pharma, medical devices, healthcare, insurance, public health).
- Post-graduate qualification if pharmaceutical medicine or related discipline
To learn more about this role apply online or call Shane Browne on + 353 1 6321865 for a confidential discussion.