Our client is an incredibly interesting and entrepreneurial multi-sited manufacturing business with several locations on the island of Ireland. The business services both the UK and Irish markets through direct B2B channels and has built its success on strong customer relationships, agility and the highest quality of products. Following the continued growth ambition of the business and interest in entering new markets sectors, the business has now created a new Group Sales Director position which will be responsible for driving the key commercial activity of the organisation across the UK and Ireland.
The Group Sales Director will be responsible for driving the organic sales strategy across the businesses to customers within Ireland and the UK. This will include building and imbedding a robust sales team ensuring the development of new products and services and working with the other key internal stakeholders in the organisation to grow the sales numbers in both the UK and Irish market.
For the right candidate, this means they would join an exciting, ambitious and entrepreneurial business with the autonomy to steer the Sales Team and to create a longer-term opportunity for themself, should the current owners look to exit the business in the future. In addition, this is an exciting leadership role with the ability to make a significant impact on the future of the organisation as the business grows organically.
This role will ideally be based out of one of the two sites in Ireland and would require regular travel within Ireland and the UK, so would suit someone in the greater Dublin or Belfast regions.
Specific responsibilities would include:
- Formulate and implement sales strategies to increase the group's sales and profitability.
- Manage and develop the Group Sales Team for the best results.
- Provide leadership to the Sales Team to source leads and develop new business opportunities.
- Work closely with the Group Managing Director to develop new products, new markets and new materials for the Group.
- Gather market intelligence on competitors.
- Influence the direction of the business as a key member of the Group Management Team.
In order to be considered for this Group Sales Director opportunity, you will need to be an established sales professional who operates at a senior level and understands the nuances of the Irish and UK markets. It is essential that you are experienced in senior sales management from within industrial manufacturing sector.
Suitable candidates need to demonstrate a real entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for sales, a deep understanding of customer engagement and relationship management, and a strong sense of commercialism.
Specifically, we are looking for high achievers with the following experience and competencies:
- A developed people leader who is able to structure, build, motivate and inspire the sales organisation to achieve significant organic revenue growth.
- Strong track record of sales management and business development in an industrial B2B environment with a minimum of ten years sales experience.
- A minimum of five years' experience at Sales Director level or equivalent, including managing a sales team.
- Track record of entering new market sector as well as meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Experience of working in a structured sales environment including CRM systems and sales pipeline management.
- The ability to build strong relationships with both customers, the Sales Team and group operational management.
- Willingness to travel within the Ireland and the UK.
What's on Offer
- Hugely entrepreneurial Group Sales Director opportunity in a growing industrial manufacturing business looking to develop new products and enter new markets.
- Opportunity for significant personal development as the business expands.
- Strong financial reward based on performance.
- Autonomy to create a effective sale organisation within a flexible and dynamic business environment.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now for a confidential discussion.