Our client is a global leader in the biotech industry sector employing over 40,000 staff internationally, with over 25 billion in revenue in 2022. This business has invested heavily in its Irish operations since the 1970s, with this investment continuing as a result of further expenditure and the development of a state of the art biotech manufacturing campus at their greenfield site in the south of Ireland. This next generation biotech drug substance facility will be this organisation's most technically advanced manufacturing operation.
As a result of this investment, the organisation is seeking an experienced Engineering Professional to lead their engineering operations at this new site, to enable the organisation reach its ambitious timelines to operational readiness.
- The Senior Director of Engineering is directly responsible for managing the site engineering function and ensuring it has the necessary capacity, capability, and leadership structures in place to deliver the site engineering deliverables, in support of the manufacturing plan.
- The Senior Director of Engineering provides administrative and technical leadership for the site engineering function including process engineering, process automation, maintenance, utilities, plant and project engineering, and engineering competencies.
- The Senior Director of Engineering is a member of the plant's site leadership team. The Site Leadership Team has collective responsibility to develop and implement the strategic direction, organisational capability, and management of the site. Primarily, the members of the team drive the site towards achieving long-term business objectives. They continuously develop the business and the organisation for the future, bearing in mind corporate objectives and the continuously changing external environment, and they manage issues that span multiple teams in the organisation and extend into the broader corporate/external context.
- In the project delivery phase and startup phase of the project (startup expected 2023 to 2026), the Site Leadership Team roles will be fluid and dynamic as they endeavour to support the project delivery, build a new organisation, develop and implement the necessary systems and business processes required to support GMP operations, and build the site culture. This will require significant collaboration, creativity, and resilience as the site grows to a full scale GMP manufacturing site through start up.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline and a minimum of 10 years of experience in a leadership role, managing engineering operations within the biopharmaceutical/pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in API manufacturing, with biotech/monoclonal process experience preferred.
- Must possess knowledge and understanding of cGMPs and how they apply to manufacturing operations.
- Must have a strong ability to form effective relationships at all levels. This candidate must be able to work closely with the Site Leadership Team to ensure alignment with corporate objectives and internal decision making processes, and be able to connect and communicate effectively with all levels of the organisation on site.
- Should have a demonstrated track record of successfully developing, managing, and executing projects from start to finish, on time and within budget, with high performance standards that ensure customer satisfaction.
- Should have experience developing and managing extremely talented, engaged, and high performing teams with a focus on building strong team culture, to ensure a safe and successful work environment.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Shane Browne at HRM on +353 1 6321865 for a confidential discussion