Senior HR Manager
A public healthcare organisation is looking for an experienced Human Resources Manager to join the organisation on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will sit on the Senior Management team and report directly into the CEO of the organisation.
This is a key senior management post with responsibility and accountability for the operational provision of an effective and efficient human resources service and the strategic development of this service to meet changing organisational needs.
The Human Resources Manager will be accountable for ensuring that the organisation has in place the necessary policies, procedures and progressive human resource systems, processes and structures to ensure that the organisation’s most important asset, its staff, are effectively recruited, retained and developed and that harmonious staff relations are fostered, developed and maintained.
- Responsible for the effective leadership, management and development of all reporting staff.
- Report to and be accountable to the Chief Executive Officer in all matters relating to the HR Function.
- Promote and foster positive Industrial Relations/Employee Relations (IR/ER) by implementing good IR/ER practices and develop open communication processes with trade union/staff representatives to ensure that open communications are clear and a partnership approach to problem-solving.
- Ensure employees are managed in line with best practise from an engagement and development perspective.
- Design, review and evaluate policies and procedures and ensure they are reviewed and deliver HR training workshops for all employees.
- Support Head of Departments in the management of change.
- Develop and implement good staff relations through providing guidance and support to the Head of each Department.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the role of HR Manager or Senior HR Business Partner ideally within the healthcare industry
- A sound background in HR and/or relevant experience in recruitment, staff relations and identifying training and development needs.
- Possess excellent communication skills, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Public sector / Healthcare sector experience at management level is desirable.
- Must have the ability to liaise successfully between groups by expressing and addressing issues clearly and articulately as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess a high capacity for responsibility and individual initiative.
- Must show determination and a willingness to make a success of the job.
- Must have the ability to lead and direct the HR function in areas such as; change management, process improvement, employee relations and succession planning.
- Must have relevant experience in a unionised environment.
To learn more apply online or call Shauna O’Sullivan on + 353 1 6321871 for more information.
Salary: €60000 - €75000
Location: Dublin South