This innovative global biotech organisation is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, this business has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential. Due to continued expansion at their Dublin operation, a new requirement has arisen at the organisation Dublin manufacturing plant for a Senior Manager - Engineering Maintenance.
- Manage the maintenance department that provides technical, project management, emergency response, trouble shooting and preventative maintenance support for process related equipment.
- Leads in the development of Maintenance's vision, mission, strategies, goals and objectives that ensure the department achieves the company goals.
- Owns development of the Maintenance Strategy and Maintenance Model for Process Equipment.
- Ensure consistent use of global maintenance and operational practices throughout site.
- Lead in the development of long range planning (LRP) to maintain the highest level of support and enhance operations productivity.
- Develop, maintain, and justify the departments' budgets.
- Assure the appropriate level of training for all levels of the maintenance organisation.
- Oversee the development, revision, review, and approval of all Standard Operating Procedures that are owned by the maintenance department.
- Support the plant in the project approval, prioritisation, and implementation process.
- Is responsible for execution of Routine Shutdown.
- Communicate with Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance to ensure the maintenance organisation stay in compliance.
- Develop maintenance metrics to support the benchmarking of site, global, and industry. Develop improvement strategies based on the benchmarking data.
- Maintain an environment that promotes maintenance flexibility, consistent maintenance practices, and efficient operations, which prepare us for current and future production demands.
- Lead and support multiple priorities in order to comply with the appropriate planned schedules.
- Provide direction on departmental and/or site priorities.
- Establish and maintain rapport with the Maintenance / Engineering Global Network.
- Typically 8+ years of experience in an engineering management position. With typically 4+ years experience supervising technical staff.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or combination of education and/or years of experience in Maintenance Management.
To learn more about this role apply online or contact Shane Browne on + 353 1 6321865 for a confidential discussion.