Our client is a blue-chip pharmaceutical organisation who are a market leader in the discovery, development and commercialisation of innovative medicines supporting patients living with life-threatening diseases globally. They are now seeking an experienced Senior Manager within the Legal function to support the ongoing growth and development of the organisation with robust legal counsel and support.
This critical Senior Manager in the legal function will require someone a with 5 year's + PQE experience who is passionate about what they do and is able to influence and thrive in a large multinational environment. The person will report to the Director of Legal and will be responsible for the following:
- Managing a group of finance professionals to provide financial direction, reporting, and control to the function
- Acquiring an in-depth understanding of the organisation's manufacturing, distribution and financial shared services operations
- Supporting the business operations / internal stakeholders on all legal matters, including:
- drafting, negotiating and advising on a wide range of contracts relating to, for example, manufacturing, distribution, construction, software licensing, financial services, real estate, facilities, health and safety, and outsourced service provision generally
- general employment issues, including advice on employment contracts, policies and grievance and disciplinary matters
- working closely with the engineering teams on good manufacturing practice, construction projects, facilities and health and safety matters
- supporting the financial and shared services teams on payroll, tax, financial and intra-group issues
- supporting the supply chain and distribution teams on supply chain and logistics matters; and
- providing advice on other general areas of law as queries arise, such as GDPR, corporate governance and litigation
- Liaising with the Company Secretary in relation to board meetings and company secretarial filings
- Liaising with colleagues from other entities to support the execution of various documents on behalf of the organisation
- Supporting the design and implementation of policies, procedures and workflows to be implemented within the legal function at local level
- Supporting the design of training plans and conduct training
- Establishing and maintaining excellent business partnering relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Actively participating in various cross-functional initiatives and projects
To be considered for this Senior Manager (Legal) opportunity, you will be a qualified lawyer with a minimum of 5 years of PQE experience with commercial in-house experience from within a multinational environment ideally in the healthcare sector. You will need to be adaptable and flexible with a pragmatic approach and the ability to demonstrate effective influencing and emotional intelligence to support the agenda of the legal business. In order to be considered you will:
- Be a strong generalist with in-house and extensive commercial contract experience
- Ideally have experience working in the manufacturing market sector and experience from the pharmaceutical industry would be highly advantageous
- Have strong technical experience with excellent drafting skills
- Have an interest in continuous improvement and developing processes to strengthen the effectiveness of the legal function
- Be an excellent communicator, with ability to establish and maintain open and effective relationships with colleagues and business stakeholders
- Be comfortable applying your judgment to areas outside your core competency
- Be able to deliver pragmatic, solution-focused legal advice to mitigate risk and support company objectives.
- Be self-disciplined, highly organised and able to prioritise own workload to meet deadlines; and have demonstrated project management skills
- Be flexible and adaptable in a changing and challenging environment
What's on offer:
- Generous salary and benefits package.
- Opportunity to work within the leading brand in its sector globally
- Full exposure to highly successful and passionate senior leadership
- Security of role in a business with strong sustainability
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Paul Lanigan at HRM on +353 1 632 1826 for a confidential discussion.