A global leader and highly regarded medical devices business is looking to hire a high calibre Senior Plant Finance Partner for their Dublin manufacturing site. The site is leading manufacturing facility that produces critical medical products that improve lives for the global markets. The site culture is dynamic, innovative and genuinely focussed on developing the future leaders of the group. This is a hugely exciting senior position where you would have influence and input in the wider operations of the site and would require a strong leader who can drive the ongoing financial performance as they continue to innovate.
The Senior Plant Finance Partner will be operating one of the la based in central Dublin, reporting to the Plant Controller, and will be responsible for leading the management and cost accounting processes, reporting and annual budgeting process for the plant. The successful appointee will also sit on the extended leadership team allowing for input cross functionally outside of finance, and influence over the wider operations of the site. There would also be considerable opportunity for personal development as the organisation enters a period of positive change, growth and innovation.
This role would suit an experienced Finance Business Partner or Plant Controller who is keen to develop themselves further in a global market leading manufacturing site, and has ambition to develop personally by being a part of the wider leadership team that runs this facility.
This exciting Senior Plant Finance Partner role will be responsible specifically for:
- Business partnering, communication, and collaboration cross functional to ensure successful delivery of the site management reporting and cost accounting.
- Supporting the Plant Controller and acting as the 2nd in command when required which would include presenting reports and site performance data to senior global leadership.
- Leading the Management Accounting Team to ensure targets and objectives of the site are achieved.
- Maintaining robust Financial Control through the delivery of timely reports of the operational performance of the site.
- Play an integral part in the design and implementation of systems and procedures to support plant growth
- Preparation of the Monthly Plant Performance Report including the presentation and explanation of variances with commentary.
- Assisting with the annual budgeting process
- Acting as the finance lead in relation the MRP, (BOMs) Bills of Materials, Standard Cost allocations and settlement, Machine hour setup, Volume scheduling and Costing runs.
- Performing full monthly variance analysis including wastage, volume, spending, and PPV.
- Performing reconciliations to the variances ensuring that all the variances are accurately analysed, investigated and explanations communicated to the Leadership Team
- Playing a central role in the month end closing procedure
- Performing inventory counts and reconciliations
- Establishing and maintaining the costings systems for all product lines operating at the site
- Full maintenance of the Fixed Asset register.
- Contributes to team development including coaching.
- Ad hoc requirements of the Assoc Dir, Controller
- Management, support and career development of direct reports within the function
In order to be considered for this progressive and cross functional Senior Plant Finance Partner, you will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with extensive experience of driving financial performance within a manufacturing site. You will also have extensive working knowledge of Standard Costing (Activity Based Costing). Extensive experience from within a similarly structured multinational manufacturing facility is essential.
Specific requirements for the successful candidate would include:
- You will be qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and have approx. 8-10 years of relevant finance / accounting experience within a manufacturing site.
- Extensive experience preparing full monthly management accounting pack with variance analysis and commentary, and presenting these to senior global leadership
- Deep working knowledge of standard costing is essential
- Advance working knowledge of SAP or one of the other mainstream MRP systems
- You will have excellent communications skills and evidence of co-ordinating multiple stakeholders to achieve results
- Experience managing teams as well as influencing stakeholders across different functional areas
- Strong business partnering experience across multiple regions.
- You would ideally have a depth of experience from within the pharmaceutical, medical devices or FMCG sectors.
What's on offer:
- Progressive Senior Plant Finance Partner opportunity in a leading multinational based out of Dublin
- As part of the extended leadership team there will be huge potential to build and develop your career in a blue-chip environment
- Very competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity to work in a true market leader and influence the direction of an integral function within their business
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Paul Lanigan at HRM on +353 1 632 1826 for a confidential discussion.