This innovative global biotech organisation is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, this business has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential. Due to continued expansion at their Dublin operation, a new requirement has arisen at the organisation Dublin manufacturing plant for a Global Analytical expert within this Attribute Sciences Group.
This organisations Commercial Attribute Sciences group in Dublin is seeking a Senior Scientist. The successful candidate will be responsible for analytical leadership of a small molecule commercial program including method lifecycle management, method transfer, validation and for providing analytical SME technical support to commercial testing and manufacturing operations. This is an Attribute Sciences Team Lead (ASTL) position. The role will involve working closely with a global cross-functional team that includes Organic Chemists, Drug Product Engineers, Quality, Regulatory CMC and Supply Chain. The Senior Scientist will integrate and successfully utilise platform and prior product knowledge to advance this organisation's practices and ensure success of the commercial portfolio.
- PhD in Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Materials Science, Biochemistry, Biochemical or Chemical Engineering
- 3+ years' post-PhD experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry in drug substance and drug product analytical method development
- Strong understanding of small molecule analysis, structure elucidation and solid-state characterisation guided and informed by knowledge of organic chemistry
- Experience with liquid, gas and chiral chromatography, UV-Vis and vibrational spectroscopy, physical methods such as Karl Fisher water titration, osmolality and pH
- Experience with structure elucidation and physicochemical techniques including mass spectrometry, NMR, particle size determination, crystal characterisation, etc.
To learn more about this role apply online or contact Shane Browne on + 353 1 6321865 for a confidential discussion.