This leading Chemical organisationl operates worldwide with leading innovations, brands and technologies in three business areas such as Beauty Care and Laundry & Home Care. Founded in the late 1800’s, this business looks back on more than 140 years of success. The company holds leading positions with its three business units in both industrial and consumer businesses thanks to strong brands, innovations and technologies. Headquartered in Germany, this business employs around 50,000 people globally and counts among the most internationally aligned German-based companies in the global marketplace. Here in Ireland, this business currently employs approximatley 500 staff across a number of manufacturing plants.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Dublin sites are compliant with relevant Health and Safety, Environmental and Chemical Management legislation. If gaps exist, responsible for building and executing a plan to close gaps.
- Manage the 2 licenses issued by the EPA.
- Ensure activities are management in compliance with safety health and environmental legislative requirements and also OHSAS 18001 and ISO14001 and Corporate Standards.
- Submit the Annual Environmental Report (AER) and PRTB to the EPA before deadline.
- Set out the objectives of the EHS Department on an annual basis in the EHS Workplan and execute same in line with the requirements of the AOE work plan.
- Provide the EHS team with clear measurable actionable direction via the EHS Workplan, facilitated via EHS Department meetings and 1:1 meetings with individual EHS professionals.
- Support the Cultural Based Safety programme at the Dublin sites.
- Set out the EHS KPIs for the site and report monthly in line with AOE KPIs.
- Set out the EHS Governance for the sites and resource as required within allocated budgets.
- Provide EHS Leadership and support to business units as required. Work with other functions to ensure that they provide safety leadership within their organisations.
- Manage the chemical inventory for both sites taking into consideration the requirements of CLP, Reach and other applicable chemical related directives and regulations.
- Ensure risk assessment programme is in place and provide a system for the management of actions from same including process safety / ATEX / combustible dust / task / area / chemical / machinery etc. Also include industrial hygiene monitoring plan as required.
- Assist in case management via Occupational Health from a EHS perspective as required.
- Ensure incident and accident investigations are investigated and closed out.
- Support new product introductions, facilities modifications, projects etc. through process safety, occupational safety and management of change.
- Third level qualification Science, Engineering etc,
- Third level qualification in Safety and Health and / or Environmental.
- Management experience.
- Previous experience working within either a pharmaceutical/chemicals manufacturing plant or similar.
To learn more, apply on line or call Shane Browne at HRM on +353 1 6321865.
Salary: On Application
Location: Dublin South