A world class leader in specialist food nutrition is seeking a Quality Manager due to internal promotion in Cork. The Quality Manager will hold overall leadership, direction and coordination of the quality functions and employees. The successful Quality Manager will manage the quality function and employees to achieve key business objectives, manage the department’s budget and manage a team of 5 skilled direct reports and 20 indirect reports.
- Reporting to the Site Lead you will deploy the Quality Strategy & Programs within the plant in line with central Quality requirements and in line with the factory master plan in collaboration with the leadership team. A high level of influence will be required for both management and employees to create the culture and environment to drive continuous improvement whilst delivering improved quality performance, safety conformance & customer complaint reduction
- The key objectives for this role include Business Management Support, Safety Management, Management of Quality Systems & Processes, Quality Assurance Management, Quality Control Management, Continuous Quality Improvement and Quality Culture Development
- You will manage Internal & External Quality Compliance and Governance audits, taking ownership for the formalisation of all recommendations & improvement programs
- In supporting business management you will act as Quality & Business partner/consultant to Operations Management with regard to the successful operation of the manufacturing facility and will make general and quality presentations at Group and Corporate level. This will include producing monthly, quarterly and annual quality reports to meet the stringent group target report deadlines
- Due to the CI programs and growth within the plant you will scope and champion Quality and Business projects, including IT where required
- You will lead your team providing guidance and clear objectives, along with managing their performance. You will work with HR in relation to talent management, people engagement strategies and employee relations issues
- Minimum 3rd level degree in Food Science/Food Technology or similar discipline
- A minimum of 5 years’ plus manufacturing experience in a Quality Management capacity with team management and site strategic responsibility
- The ability to work on a global Quality team with strategic input – experience in this area is not essential but is desirable
- The role requires expertise, creativity, drive, self-awareness and a collegiate approach with influence
You will have the opportunity to work with world class leaders, and reporting directly to the Site Leader means that you will have a high level of influence and exposure within the business. You will also be working with cutting edge technology where creativity is both commended and desired.
A highly attractive package is on offer including full family healthcare, pension, bonus, car allowance and tangible career progression.
For further details on this interesting permanent opportunity please contact Ashling Edwards on +353 21 4511191 in confidence.
Salary: €65000 - €75000