Our client, one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, is currently recruiting for a strong qualified Intercompany Accountant to support their growing business on an initial contract basis. Through acquisitions and mergers, this company has expanded rapidly in their short history and now boast more than 20,000 employees, and offices in more than 40 countries.
This Intercompany Accountant Contractor role, will be sitting in the EMEA head office and reports to the Intercompany & In-House Cash Lead within the General Ledger Operations team and is responsible for supporting a wide range of accounting tasks to ensure intercompany transactions are accurately processed and all intercompany accounts are reconciled and agreed with counter-parties on a monthly basis. The role is intended to be a long term interim position and will have potential to develop into a longer-term opportunity within the business for the right individual.
Key Responsibilities would include:
- Prepare, issue and record VAT compliant intercompany invoices covering both routine and ad hoc intercompany transactions
- Prepare and issue intercompany statements to facilitate the monthly matching procedure with counter parties (operating on SAP or other GL systems globally)
- Reconcile intercompany account balances and proactively resolve intercompany imbalances to achieve the company’s thresholds at month end, utilizing the consolidation reports issued by Group Reporting from the Hyperion consolidation
- Prepare Hyperion correcting journal entries (in the consolidation system) and ensure replicated in SAP
- Ensure adherence to intercompany accounting policy through scrutiny of requests, accurate coding provision and approvals
- Liaise with counterparts globally to resolve intercompany issues
- Provide audit support relating to intercompany activities
In order to be considered for this daily rate Intercompany Accountant role, you will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with relevant exposure to intercompany accounting within a large multinational in a shared service environment.
Specific requirements for the successful candidate would include:
- You will be qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and have 2+ years’ post qualification experience in a similar role within a shared service environment
- Strong technical working knowledge of intercompany accounting
- Detailed knowledge of US GAAP and other accounting practice
- A deep understanding of the systems, processes and controls involved in recording transactions in the SAP accounting system, as well as the inter-relationships that exist.
- Experience in adding value through enhancements to processes and implementing them while maintaining strong financial control.
- You will have strong systems experience (ideally with SAP and Hyperion) and excellent Excel skills
What’s on offer:
- Exciting long term daily rate contract role within a leading multinational headquartered in Ireland
- Ability to add value and to further develop your international experience
- The genuine opportunity to be considered for other longer term positions in the business
To learn more apply on line or call Paul Lanigan on +353 1 6321826.
Salary: On Application
Location: Dublin City Centre