Production Shift Manager
Our client is a global food manufacturing brand that is growing year on year. An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Shift Manager to join their team. With a staff of c300 this is an organisation with firm roots in Cork and a culture of excellence and opportunity. The Shift Manager will enjoy overall responsibility for production, maintenance and associated staff to ensure key business objectives are met. They include, OOE, labour efficiency, product quality, health and safety and budget control. You will be working under the direction of the Operations Manager.
Working with a shift of ten employees (this will fluctuate), you will be responsible for:
- Leading and motivating an experienced team of technical operators to achieve KPI’s and business objectives. This is a self-motivated team who will require minimum supervision.
- Ensuring the highest standards of product quality, integrity and hygiene are achieved and improved daily.
- Monitoring and controlling costs within agreed budget.
- Ensuring the safe working practices and conduct of the team and contractors.
- Recognising opportunity for consistent over achievers. Work with other departments to provide development programs to maintain a high level of employee recognition.
- Working alongside QA & QC, logistics, technical and maintenance teams to achieve optimum results.
- Over 2 years’ experience in a similar role is essential.
- The ideal candidate will have a Degree qualification in Food Science/Food Technology or related discipline.
- Must have a demonstrated history of implementing and exceeding business objectives.
- SAP experience would be highly desirable.
- Experienced working in a fast paced manufacturing environment in one or more of the following industries is required – Food, Medical Device or Pharmaceutical.
- Must be a strong communicator.
To learn more apply on line or call Aisling Horgan on +353 21 4511193.
Salary: On Application