Our client is a global medical device healthcare solutions company who are committed to improving lives through medical technologies, services and solutions. They operate across 350 facilities in 150 countries, with an innovative portfolio of over 46,000 patents. This business remains one of Ireland's leading Medical Devices employers and is committed to the development and delivery of medical technologies to meet unmet diseases. As a result of additional expansion at this businesses Galway site, we are currently looking to recruit on a contracting/consultancy basis a Principal Hardware Engineer.
- The technical role in electrical design, test, and documentation to meet compliance and performance requirements and satisfy customer needs of medical electro-mechanical systems.
- Responsible for the architecture, analysis, and development of hardware systems and components including circuit boards, power systems, processors, etc. for use in medical devices.
- Deliver high quality design, in a timely fashion and in accordance with medical device regulations (IEC 60601-1, ISO 13485, FDA US21CFR820, and CE MDR 2017/745).
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary cross of Software, Mechanical and biomedical engineers to progress a project from concept phase into commercialisation phase.
- Collaborate with operations engineers and vendors for production standards, test strategies and implementation.
- Hardware testing and troubleshooting, including board bring-up, design of test tooling and adaptation of existing platforms to new specifications.
- Plan through all project phases, strategy and execution of measurement system development/qualification, design verification and validation.
- Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process.
- Evaluate and implements designs to ensure that all agency requirements (UL, IEC, FDA) are being met throughout the design process.
- Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally.
- Coach, mentor and delegate work to less experienced engineers.
- We are looking for a qualified person with a minimum of Degree level 8 in Electrical Engineering or Equivalent with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience - additional relevant qualifications may be advantageous.
- Experience in EMC testing including Conducted and Radiated Immunity, Conducted and Radiated Emissions, Current Leakage, and ESD Testing.
- Knowledge and experience in design of embedded microcontroller-based electronics devices, including FPGA-based, digital and analog design.
- Knowledge and experience using CAD systems for printed circuit board design (e.g. Altium, Cadence, OrCAD, Allegro PCB) and data acquisition software (LabVIEW)).
- Ideally have experience in developing hardware solutions for medical devices or related industries.
- Experience testing electronic devices to meet immunity and emissions requirements.
- Experience in developing verification and validation protocols.
- You are a seasoned professional in Hardware Engineering development with extensive engineering knowledge and skills in some or all of the following: component and system design, electrical/electronic system design in compliance with IEC 60601-1, miniaturized low-power electronic system design, schematic capture and PCB layout tools.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Shane Browne at HRM on +353 1 632 1865 for a confidential discussion.