My client, one of the top third level Universities in Europe are seeking a Finance Manager/Revenue Manager to join their organisation. Managing the financial control of a subsidiary company, this is a stand-alone role, reporting to the General Manager.
The Finance Manager will have responsibility for all financial aspects of the subsidiary company's finances and financial control within which it operates. The Finance Manager will play a key role within the company, supporting commercial decision making and ensuring effective management information reporting in support of the business. In addition, they will support emerging business opportunities and be responsible for specific project activities.
This business focusses on the rental and usage of the on-campus residences and as such, an individual with a background in Hotel/Hospitality is required.
- Providing insight into the income and cost base of the company in support of the assessment of the performance of products and service lines and making recommendations for margin/service improvement.
- Ensuring that the management information produced supports business decision making, and that information is reported in a timely fashion which proactively supports the management and operation of the business.
- Instigating and leading projects as part of the continuous improvement program, including the utilisation of technology and financial systems to streamline business processes and give further enhancement to cost effective operations.
- Working as part of the management team in the development of the rolling strategic plan.
- Timely and accurate completion of all weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports, including budgets, forecasts and annual financial statements.
- Preparation of Board trading updates and commentary papers.
- Managing the credit control within the company.
- Monitoring and enhancing tax compliance controls and structures to ensure effective management of the Group's overall tax compliance.
- Ensuring an effective financial control environment.
- Delivering on internal and external reporting requirements and ensuring the University and subsidiary companies reporting requirements are met.
- Responsible for the audit engagement with the statutory auditor (Comptroller and Auditor General), external auditor, and internal auditors, ensuring audit requirements are met in a timely manner.
To be considered:
- Must have a Hotel/Hospitality background with knowledge of room rate fluctuations and commission-based revenue.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA) with minimum 3 years PQE.
- Experience of large CAPEX projects.
- Very strong commercial acumen with a track record of contributing to the commercial success of the organisation.
- Experience from an environment where there is a large volume of transactions.
- Ability to produce, analyse and report on relevant management information in support of business decision making and business enhancement.
Salary: up to €73,000 + Pension + Benefits + Flexitime
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Clair Schindler on 0862150442 for a confidential discussion.